Date(s) - 07/10/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The National Ambulance BME Forum has announced this year’s ‘Race for Care’ event, sponsored by Class Professional Publishing. It will take place on the 7th October 2021 between 10:00 and 16:00 as a virtual event.
A message from NABMEF:
2020 was a year of reflection for a lot of us and required us to tap further into and strengthen our resilience. It was a year when the inequalities in health became central to conversations. With this in mind, the National Ambulance BME Forum (NABMEF) decided to continue with plans to deliver a conference in 2021.
Due to the ongoing pandemic and operational challenges, our 2021 conference will be taking place in a virtual format on 7 October between 10:00 and 16:00hrs. We hope that you and colleagues from your organisations will be able to join us for this event. The conference is suitable for and open to clinical and non-clinical colleagues across all pay bands.
Our main overarching headlines will be leadership, resilience, and competency in care delivery for diverse communities and the day will be looking at a number of areas:
- Leadership and personal competence, as demonstrated through our keynote speakers.
- Understanding the need for cultural humility
- Variation in presentation of clinical conditions in BME communities, including the interaction with NHS pathways and revision of clinical guidelines in JRCALC
- Cultural competency in midwifery care to help us support better outcomes
- Creating safe spaces for conversations about Race and building personal resilience.
Colleagues will be able to request an attendance certificate to support their CPD portfolio.
Click Here to find out more about this event.
Categories No Categories