Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Please fill out the form below and we'll let you know once available.
Do you feel unprepared when faced with the difficult and delicate questions patients have about sexual health and contraception? Then arm yourself with this quick-reference guide, packed with all the essential information you’ll need to know as a healthcare professional working within primary care. This practical resource empowers you to skilfully and sensitively address even the most complex of patient queries with confidence.
Key features include:
- Breaks down into detail the varied presentations you may encounter in your practice
- Practical tips and pitfalls with colour-coded boxes to highlight essential, quick access information
- Full colour images throughout with detailed content on anatomy and physiology to reinforce your understanding
- Explores contraception, emergency contraception, and strategies for managing menstrual and menopausal complications.
- Provides guidance on sexually transmitted infections, including examination and management
- Covers communication skills to lay the groundwork for consultation, as well as giving a detailed overview of safeguarding
- Each chapter aligns with contemporary guidance for evidence-informed practice.
This handy resource is aimed at healthcare professionals who handle queries about sexual health and contraception during their day-to-day role; in particular, practice nurses, advanced clinical practitioners, as well as anyone transitioning to primary care from other settings.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!