Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Introduction to Health Care ManagementAuthors: Sharon B. Buchbinder, Nancy H. Shanks
Introduction to Health Care Management, Fourth Edition is a concise, reader-friendly, introductory healthcare management text that covers a wide variety of healthcare settings, from hospitals to nursing homes and clinics. Filled with examples to engage the reader’s imagination, the important issues in healthcare management, such as ethics, cost management, strategic planning and marketing, information technology, and human resources, are all thoroughly covered.
Guidelines and rubrics along with numerous case studies make this text both student-friendly and teacher-friendly. It is the perfect resource for students of healthcare management, nursing, allied health, business administration, pharmacy, occupational therapy, public administration, and public health.
Features and Benefits
- Chapters contributed by real experts using an active voice to grab the reader’s attention
- Instructors’ resources online for each chapter, including PowerPoints, Test Bank, and Sample Syllabus
- Updated case studies in a wide variety of settings, in an assortment of healthcare management topics
- A case study guide, with rubrics for evaluation of student performance, enabling instructors at every level of experience to hit the ground running on that first day of class
- Access Navigate 2 online learning materials, including a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 An Overview of Health Care Management
- Chapter 2 Leadership
- Chapter 3 Management and Motivation
- Chapter 4 Organizational Behavior and Management Thinking
- Chapter 5 Strategic Planning
- Chapter 6 Health Care Marketing
- Chapter 7 Quality and Performance Improvement Basics
- Chapter 8 Health Information Systems and Technologies
- Chapter 9 Financing Health Care and Health Insurance
- Chapter 10 Managing Costs and Revenues
- Chapter 11 Managing Health Care Professionals
- Chapter 12 Strategic Management of Human Resources
- Chapter 13 Teamwork
- Chapter 14 Addressing Health Disparities: Cultural Proficiency
- Chapter 15 Law and Ethics
- Chapter 16 Health Care Regulation and Compliance
- Chapter 17 Special Topics and Emerging Issues in Health Care management
- Chapter 18 Health Care Management Case Studies and Guidelines