Type 2 Diabetes Answers at your Fingertips - eBook
Our eBook content is provided through Kortext and accessed via a unique code online or via the Kortext app. Instructions of how to activate your code can be found here.
There are two main types of diabetes and you may not be sure which you have. In general, people with Type 1 diabetes are usually young, develop symptoms quite rapidly and need insulin treatment immediately. In contrast, Type 2 diabetes tends to occur in people who are over thirty and above average weight. The onset tends to be gradual and the initial treatment is through diet and tablets. If your diabetes has been treated this way, this book is for you.
The authors comprehensively answer over 400 questions about every aspect of living with the condition, and their constructive approach will give you all the knowledge you need to deal confidently with your diabetes.
- Up-to-date information on all the available - and forthcoming - medical treatments, including the current situation with Avandia (rosaglitizone)
- Advice on how to achieve the best possible control of your diabetes, working around your daily routine
- Answers to dozens of practical questions about lifestyle, work and holidays
- Guidance on healthy eating, exercise and complementary therapies
1. What is diabetes?
2. Treatment without insulin
3. Treatment with insulin
4. Monitoring and control
5. Life with diabetes
6. Sex, contraception and HRT
8. Long-term complications
9. Research and the future
10. Self-help groups
Appendix 1: Publications
Appendix 2: Useful addresses