Academic book request
Please fill out the form below and we'll let you know once available.
Community and Public Health NutritionAuthor: Sari Edelstein
Updated with the latest data in the field, Community and Public Health Nutrition, Fifth Edition explores the complex, multifaceted array of programs and services that exist in the United States today that are dedicated to bettering population and community health through improved nutrition. The Fifth Edition explores the subject by first considering how nutrition fits into public health practice and then by examining policymaking, assessment and intervention methods, special populations, food security, and program management.
Every new print copy includes 365-day access to Navigate Advantage for Community and Public Health Nutrition which unlocks a complete eBook, study guide, assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Features and Benefits
- Includes a new full-color design and art program!
- Updated to included new policy changes, case studies, boxed features, and fun facts.
- COVID-19 effect – Includes new nutrition-related discussion prompts to aid with student debate about human coronaviruses.
- Includes updates to all nutrition programs including Healthy People 2030 and Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2020-2025.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Applying Nutrition Science to the Community and Public’s Health
- Chapter 2 Nutritional Epidemiology: An Introduction
- Chapter 3 Creating and Influencing Public and Nutrition Policy
- Chapter 4 Role of the Federal Agencies in Community and Public Health Nutrition
- Chapter 5 Community Needs-Assessment
- Chapter 6 Planning and Evaluating Nutrition Services for the Community
- Chapter 7 Serving Those at Highest Nutrition Risk
- Chapter 8 Intervening to Change the Public’s Eating Behavior
- Chapter 9 Growing a Healthier Nation: Maternal, Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition with an Emphasis on Childhood Overweight and Health Equity
- Chapter 10 Importance of Community and Public Health Nutrition Programs in Preventing Disease and Promoting Adult Health
- Chapter 11 Promoting Older Adult Nutrition
- Chapter 12 Providing Nutrition Services in Community and Public Health Primary Care
- Chapter 13 Food Security and Adequate Food Access for the Public
- Chapter 14 Safeguarding the Food Supply and Securing the Food Supply
- Chapter 15 Grant Writing in Community and Public Health Nutrition
- Chapter 16 Staffing, Managing, and Leading Community and Public Health Nutrition Personnel
- Chapter 17 Team Nutrition Members in Community and Public Health Nutrition
- Chapter 18 Networking for Nutrition and Earning Administrative Support
- Chapter 19 Marketing Nutrition Programs and Services
- Chapter 20 Striving for Excellence and Envisioning the Future
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!