Nutrition for Dental Health: A Guide for the Dental Professional, Enhanced EditionAuthor/s: Rebecca Sroda and Tonia Reinhard
Reflecting significant changes in the industry and the latest research in the field, this fully updated third edition of Rebecca Sroda’s Nutrition for Dental Health provides dental hygiene and dental assisting students up-to-date, easy-to-understand coverage of basic nutrition and diet information with an emphasis on the relationship of nutrition and diet to oral health.
Now in vibrant full colour, this accessible and student-friendly third edition features up-to-date, evidence-based content, new practice-focused features, outstanding end-of-chapter and online learning tools, and enhanced instructors resources.
Features and Benefits
- Videos on Chairside Counseling, filmed by the author, bring to life the how-to’s of patient counseling. One of the chairside counseling videos will be available in Spanish.
- New Chapter on Complimentary Nutritive Therapies introduces students to alternative ways that patients prevent and treat their oral concerns using everyday nutritive remedies.
- Instructor resources, include Voice-over PowerPoint Presentations, Critical Thinking Activities, and a downloadable Comprehensive Patient Forms Booklet.
- New and revised end-of-chapter learning aids —including self-assessment exercises, correlations of content to everyday life, Practice for Patients boxes featuring case studies with questions, and up-to-date web resources—encourage critical thinking and help students master the content,
- Student ancillaries, including Chairside Counseling videos and a Chairside Counseling quick reference card, provide opportunities for interactive review and practice.
- MyPlate (and MiPlato) coverage replaces the Second Edition’s Food Pyramid to align with the latest USDA recommendations on encouraging lifelong healthy eating behaviors.
- Evidence-based research supports content and ensures the currency and accuracy of the book’s coverage.
- A new full-color design and art program includes graphics, illustrations, and photos to engage today’s extremely visual learner.
- New content on the relationship between nutrition and periodontal/oral disease in Chapter 3 is written/contributed by, best-selling author Jill Gehrig.
- Current information on vitamins and minerals demonstrates their effect on oral disease.
- Registered Dietician Tonia Reinhard gives a dietician’s perspective, solidifying the scientific aspect of the book.
- Food for Thought boxes provide interesting, real-life, need-to-know information.
- An entire unit (Part VI) dedicated to nutritional counseling prepares students for a key role of practicing dental hygienists.
- A friendly look and tone throughout the book draws students in and make the subject of nutrition interesting and lively. Nutrients-at-a-Glance charts contain common categories of information to help students organize and compare major nutrients and herbs. Charts can be found in the appendix.