Aphasia and Related Neurogenic Communication DisordersAuthor: Ilias Papathanasiou
Aphasia and Related Neurogenic Communication Disorders, Third Edition reviews the definition, terminology, classification, symptoms, and neurology of aphasia, including the theories of plasticity and recovery. Using the WHO ICF framework and focusing on evidence-based practice the Third Edition provides you with a comprehensive overview of the field. Best practices of aphasia assessment and intervention are presented including the most up-to-date neuropsychological models and formal and informal testing procedures to maximize correct clinical rehabilitative decisions. Theoretical bases for rehabilitation, guidelines for organization and delivery of evidence-based therapy, as well as augmentative and alternative communication therapy, and computer-based treatments are also presented.
Written by international experts, this accessible text presents a global perspective, while emphasizing important recent advances in communication disorders. Chapters include case illustrations to help students understand clinical issues, learning objectives, review questions, and a discussion of future directions that highlight upcoming developments in the field.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1 Aphasia
- Chapter 1 Aphasia and Related Neurogenic Communication Disorders: Basic Concepts, Management, and Use of Technology
- Chapter 2 Significant Landmarks in the History of Aphasia & Its Therapy
- Chapter 3 Neurology Connectivity and the Nature of Aphasia
- Chapter 4 Plasticity and Recovery in Aphasia
- Chapter 5 Formal and Informal Assessment in Aphasia
- Chapter 6 Therapy Approaches to Aphasia
- Chapter 7 Treatment Efficacy and Therapy Outcomes
- Chapter 8 Extralinguistic Cognitive Considerations in Aphasia Management
- Chapter 9 Disorders and Management of Auditory Comprehension
- Chapter 10 Disorders of Word Production
- Chapter 11 Acquired Disorders of Reading: Modeling, Assessment, and Treatment
- Chapter 12 Written Language and Its Impairments
- Chapter 13 Disorders of Sentence Processing in Aphasia
- Chapter 14 Approaches to Assessment and Treatment of Everyday Talk in Aphasia
- Chapter 15 Quality-of-Life Approach to Aphasia
- Chapter 16 Living With Aphasia: A Client Centered Approach
- Chapter 17 Aphasia Management in Ethnoracially Diverse Multilingual Populations
- Section 2 Related Communication Disorders
- Chapter 18 Communication Disorders Associated with Right Hemisphere Brain Damage
- Chapter 19 Cognitive Disorders Associated with Right Hemisphere Brain Damage
- Chapter 20 Traumatic Brain Injury
- Chapter 21 Dementia and Related Cognitive Communication Disorders
- Chapter 22 Living with Cognitive Communication Disorders
- Chapter 23 Language Disorders in Neurosurgery
- Chapter 24 Acquired Apraxia of Speech
- Chapter 25 Management of Dysarthria
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!