Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan DevelopmentAuthors: David C. Shelledy, Jay I. Peters
For all students and clinicians assessing or caring for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders, Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development, Second Edition is a must-have resource. As the most comprehensive reference available, it is a guide to the evaluation of the patient, and the development and implementation of an appropriate, evidence-based, respiratory care plan.
Respiratory Care: Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development, Second Edition describes the purpose of patient assessment and then guides the reader through the process of reviewing existing data in the medical record, conducting the patient interview, performing the physical assessment, and finally evaluating the diagnostic studies needed and implementing a respiratory care plan.
Bridging the gap between patient assessment and treatment, the text demonstrates how to apply assessment skills to the development and implementation of respiratory care plans. Integrated throughout each chapter are Clinical Focus Exercises, RC Insights!, and Key Points to help readers refine critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as strongly grasp important concepts.
Features and Benefits
- Clinical Focus Exercises provide students with the opportunity to engage in practice assessment communication to help refine critical thinking and problem-solving skills to real-world scenarios.
- RC Insights are tips providing students with useful information on patient assessment and management.
- Key Points at the conclusion of each chapter recap important facts and concepts providing a great opportunity for students to self-evaluate their comprehension.
- NBRC Challenge questions or Critical Thinking Questions will be added to the ends of the chapters to test student knowledge.
- AARC Clinical Practice Guidelines will help students provide the best and most appropriate care for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Patient Assessment
- Chapter 2 Development and Implementation of Respiratory Care Plans
- Chapter 3 Review of the Medical Record
- Chapter 4 Patient History
- Chapter 5 Physical Assessment
- Chapter 6 Assessment of Oxygenation
- Chapter 7 Assessment of Ventilation
- Chapter 8 Blood Gas Analysis, Hemoximetry, and Acid-Base Balance
- Chapter 9 Laboratory Studies
- Chapter 10 Cardiac Assessment and the Electrocardiogram
- Chapter 11 Cardiopulmonary Imaging
- Chapter 12 Adult Pulmonary Function
- Chapter 13 Bronchoscopy and Other Diagnostic Studies
- Chapter 14 Acute and Critical Care Monitoring and Assessment
- Chapter 15 Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Other Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
- Chapter 16 Neonatal and Pediatric Assessment