Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Equipment for Respiratory CareAuthors: Teresa A. Volsko, Robert L. Chatburn, Mohamad F. El-Khatib
Equipment for Respiratory Care, Second Edition continues to break the archetype of equipment texts. Uniquely focused on the usage of respiratory equipment in practical, clinical settings, the Second Edition guides learners through not only WHEN and WHY to use equipment but HOW it is important. Through a combination of theory and operation, Equipment for Respiratory Care, Second Edition illustrates how to effectively and safely match the therapeutic modality to a patient’s needs, making this text an essential resource for the Respiratory Care practitioner.
Equipment for Respiratory Care, Second Edition prepares learners for successful completion of the National Board for Respiratory Care 2020 Examination. It is a go-to guide for exam preparation, offering online study aides and detailed simulations.
Benefits and Features
- Clinical Simulations allow students to practice real-world situations on a mechanical ventilator simulator and see their results
- Case Studies have been integrated to facilitate the application of content and to foster critical thinking
- Throughout the text, key points are illustrated and important information is highlighted in Clinical Focus and Did You Know? boxes to ensure comprehension of critical concepts.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Medical Gases
- Chapter 2 Administering Medical Gases
- Chapter 3 Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Chapter 4 Humidity and Aerosol Therapy
- Chapter 5 Medicated Aerosol Delivery Devices
- Chapter 6 Airway Management and Emergency Resuscitation Equipment
- Chapter 7 Blood Gas and Critical Care Analyte Analysis
- Chapter 8 Patient Monitors
- Chapter 9 Measurement of Pulmonary Function
- Chapter 10 Mechanical Ventilation
- Chapter 11 Sleep Apnea Devices
- Chapter 12 Cardiovascular Monitoring
- Chapter 13 Hyperinflation Therapy
- Chapter 14 Airway Clearance
- Chapter 15 Manual and Automatic Resuscitators