Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Comprehensive Respiratory Therapy Exam PreparationAuthor: Albert J. Heuer
Comprehensive Respiratory Therapy Exam Preparation Guide, Fourth Edition is the ultimate study guide for respiratory therapy students preparing to take the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) Therapist Multiple-Choice (TMC) and Clinical Simulation Examination (CSE) exams. Thousands of people take the NBRC TMC and CSE each year, but only about half of those test-takers are awarded the credentials needed to become a Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist. Newly updated to reflect the changes to the 2020 NBRC, the Guide and its accompanying web resources comprise all the content, strategies, and tools you’ll need to succeed.
A full arsenal of study tools are available within the Navigate 2 Premier Access. The TestPrep allows students to build their own practice exams by selecting from over 600 questions covering specific topic areas such as Patient Data Evaluation and Recommendations; Troubleshooting and Quality Control of Equipment; and Infection Control, and Initiation and Modification of Interventions. Detailed feedback and question rationales are provided to guide readers in their TMC and CSE exam preparation. Interactive Clinical Simulations provide an opportunity to practice the case management skills that are crucial to the CSE exam, using the topics most likely to appear on the test. And a complete eBook makes all of this material mobile, so you can study on the go.
Features and Benefits
- UPDATED content reflecting the current standard of care and the practices used in the ‘NBRC Hospital’ and the ‘2020 NBRC Detailed Content Outlines’ for the TMC and CSE exams
- Robust online TestPrep platform with hundreds of practice questions
- Multiple CSE Simulations, including five that are NEW with the Fourth Edition
- Flashcards for studying on the go
- Chapter sequence matches the 2020 TMC exam matrix
- “What to Expect on This Category of the NBRC Exam” feature appears at the opening of each chapter
- Extensive test-taking tips and study strategies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1 Shared Topical Content TMC and CSE Exam
- Chapter 1 Evaluate Data in the Patient Record (Section I-A)
- Chapter 2 Gather Clinical Information
- Chapter 3 Perform Procedures to Gather Clinical Information (Section I-C)
- Chapter 4 Evaluate Procedure Results (Section I-D)
- Chapter 5 Recommend Diagnostic Procedures (Section I-E)
- Chapter 6 Assemble and Troubleshoot Devices (Section II-A)
- Chapter 7 Ensure Infection Prevention (Section II-B)
- Chapter 8 Perform Quality Control Procedures (Section II-C)
- Chapter 9 Maintain a Patent Airway Including the Care of Artificial Airways (Section III-A)
- Chapter 10 Perform Airway Clearance and Lung Expansion Techniques (Section III-B)
- Chapter 11 Support Oxygenation and Ventilation (Section III-C)
- Chapter 12 Administer Medications and Specialty Gases (Section III-D)
- Chapter 13 Ensure Modifications are Made to the Respiratory Care Plan (Section III-E)
- Chapter 14 Utilize Evidence-Based Principles (Section III-F)
- Chapter 15 Provide Respiratory Care in High-Risk Situations (Section III-G)
- Chapter 16 Assist a Physician/Provider in Performing Procedures (Section III-H)
- Chapter 17 Initiate and Conduct Patient and Family Education (Section III-I)
- Section 2 Clinical Simulation Exam (CSE)
- Chapter 18 Preparing for the Clinical Simulation Exam
- Chapter 19 Taking the Clinical Simulation Exam
- Chapter 20 Clinical Simulation Exam Case Management Pearls