Academic book request
Spriggs’s Essentials of Polysomnography: A Training Guide and Reference for Sleep TechniciansAuthors:
Note: Previous edition 9781284030273
Spriggs’s Essentials of Polysomnography, Third Edition is a comprehensive, full-color text designed specifically for sleep technicians and professionals. Updates and additions make this book a thorough and up-to-date resource for professionals, and the new all-in-one package design makes it the ideal choice for anyone preparing for a career in polysomnography. This is an excellent tool for training new sleep technicians or preparing for the RPSGT and CPSGT certification exams, and a comprehensive, contemporary reference for physicians, sleep lab managers, DME reps, and sleep lab front office staff members.
New content incorporates therapeutic treatment options and the impact of medications on sleep, and new case studies provide further impactful opportunities to apply the material in each chapter. This new edition also expands upon existing content, enriching the coverage of the consequences of sleep deprivation, risk factors for sleep disorders, clinical practice guidelines, and patient safety, among many other important topics.
The Third Edition’s content and questions reflect ICSD-3 classifications and the latest exam standards, guided by the most recent RPSGT and CPSGT exam blueprints and version 2.5 of the AASM Scoring Manual. Topics include:
- An overview of normal sleep and the history of sleep disorders
- Patient education and the patient flow process
- Life as a sleep technician
- Patient hookup procedures
- Polysomnography overview and interpretation
- Pediatric sleep medicine
- Hundreds of sample epochs depicting sleep stages, artifacts, and events
Benefits and Features
- All-in-One packaging! The Pocket Guide and Flashcards are now included in the back of the book and are perforated for easy use
- Following the BRPT matrix, and equipped with our TestPrep platform, this text is an exceptional reference for those who are interested in taking the RPSGT and CPSGT certification exams
- NEW! Chapter 17 titled, “Medications and Sleep,” containing content on commonly prescribed sleep aids and the effect of drugs on sleep efficiency and architecture
- NEW! Chapter 18 titled “Other Therapeutic Modalities,” dedicated to the various therapeutic options for the treatment of sleep disorders. The text features new and updated content that reflects the latest AASM scoring rules and sleep disorder nosology and is correlated to the most recent RPSGT exam blueprint, released in 2018
- EXPANDED content on the far-reaching consequences of sleep deprivation, various risk factors for sleep disorders, components of the sleep consultation and physical assessment examination, clinical practice guidelines for PAP titration, home sleep testing and reporting, pediatric sleep testing and scoring, and emergency preparedness and maintaining patient safety in the sleep testing environment
- NEW! Case Studies have been integrated within the chapters to facilitate the application of content and to foster critical thinking.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Normal Sleep
- Chapter 2 Sleep Disorders
- Chapter 3 Patient Flow Process
- Chapter 4 Life as a Sleep Technologist
- Chapter 5 Diagnostic Equipment
- Chapter 6 Patient Hookup Procedures
- Chapter 7 Viewing a Polysomnogram
- Chapter 8 Artifacts and Troubleshooting
- Chapter 9 Performing an Overnight Sleep Study
- Chapter 10 Performing a PAP Titration
- Chapter 11 Performing Other Types of Sleep Studies
- Chapter 12 Sleep Staging
- Chapter 13 Abnormal Events
- Chapter 14 Cardiac Rhythms
- Chapter 15 Sleep Study Reporting
- Chapter 16 Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Chapter 17 Medications and Sleep
- Chapter 18 Other Therapeutic Modalities
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!