Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Musculoskeletal Assessment in Athletic Training and TherapyAuthors: Matthew R. Kutz, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Written in conjunction with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Musculoskeletal Assessment in Athletic Training provides a comprehensive overview of common injuries impacting the extremities and the assessments and examinations the Athletic Trainer can conduct.
- Unit I “Foundations” introduces the student to the foundations of examination, evaluation, and musculoskeletal diagnosis, providing a helpful recap of relevant medical terminology along the way.
- Units II and III delve directly into the lower and upper extremities, reviewing relevant anatomy, discussing common injuries, and discussing their assessment.
- Finally, Unit IV “Medical Considerations and Risk Management” provides an overview of factors to keep in mind when evaluating the lower and upper extremities, including the needs of special populations, environmental conditions, and other medical conditions that can complicate the evaluation.
- Each chapter opens with an overview, learning objectives, and fun facts about the specific joint presented in the chapter.
- After introductory content is presented, readers will find a review of relevant clinical anatomy followed by evaluation techniques, common pathologies specific to the joint, and Quick Tips for Evaluation tables.
- Each chapter concludes with a wrap-up that offers Case Studies with key questions, and One-In-a-Million Case that offers a look into more rare or unusual pathology.
- Additional end-of-chapter features include Pearls and Pitfalls, which help students remember keys to sound evaluation strategies, and Critical Thinking Questions to bring all the content together in a meaningful way.
- Each new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Written for courses focused on orthopedic assessment of the extremities for the two semester sequence.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Unit I Foundations
- Chapter 1 Taxonomy of Injury Pathology and Classifications
- Chapter 2 The Examination Process
- Chapter 3 Evidence-Based Injury Evaluation
- Chapter 4 Diagnostic Imaging for Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Unit II Lower Extremity Evaluation
- Chapter 5 Foot and Ankle
- Chapter 6 Knee Joint
- Chapter 7 Hip and Thigh
- Unit III Upper Extremity Evaluation
- Chapter 8 Wrist and Hand
- Chapter 9 Elbow
- Chapter 10 Shoulder
- Chapter 11 Abdomen and Thorax
- Chapter 12 Spine
- Chapter 13 Head and Face
- Appendix Index