Academic book request
Guide to Evidence-Based Physical Therapist PracticeAuthor: Dianne V. Jewell
Guide to Evidence-Based Physical Therapist Practice, Fifth Edition teaches the knowledge and skills to evaluate medical evidence and apply it to the practice of physical therapy. This valuable reference explains the fundamentals of medical research and how to determine which studies are useful in practice. As the leading evidence-based practice text for physical therapy, this is a comprehensive resource no physical therapist or student should be without.
This practical guide empowers readers to learn how to evaluate research designs, appraise evidence, and apply research in clinical practice. Its reader-friendly style facilitates learning and presents the knowledge essential for physical therapist students to develop a strong foundation in research methods and methodologies related to evidence-based medicine.
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks an interactive eBook, blank appraisal forms, practice quizzes, interactive flashcards, interactive glossary, and open education resources.
Features and Benefits
- NEW: Chapter on measuring reliability and validity
- Critical appraisal forms are filled out as examples throughout the book and blank versions are provided in the Navigate Advantage Access
- Inclusion of updated terminology from the APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice 3.0
- Instructor Resources include a test bank in LMS-compatible format, slides in PowerPoint format, an instructor manual, appraisal forms, a sample syllabus, and an image bank
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I Principles of Evidence-Based Physical Therapist Practice
- Chapter 1 Evidence-Based Physical Therapist Practice
- Chapter 2 What is Evidence?
- Chapter 3 The Quest for Evidence: Getting Started
- Part II Elements of Evidence
- Chapter 4 Questions, Theories, and Hypotheses
- Chapter 5 Research Design
- Chapter 6 Research Subjects
- Chapter 7 Variables and Their Measurement
- Chapter 8 Measuring Reliability and Validity
- Chapter 9 Validity in Research Designs
- Chapter 10 Unraveling Statistical Mysteries: Description
- Chapter 11 Unraveling Statistical Mysteries: Inference
- Part III Appraising the Evidence
- Chapter 12 Appraising Evidence About Diagnostic Tests and Clinical Measures
- Chapter 13 Appraising Evidence About Prognostic Factors
- Chapter 14 Appraising Evidence About Interventions
- Chapter 15 Appraising Evidence About Clinical Prediction Rules
- Chapter 16 Appraising Outcomes Research
- Chapter 17 Appraising Evidence About Self-Report Outcomes Measures
- Chapter 18 Appraising Collections of Evidence: Systematic Reviews
- Chapter 19 Appraising Collections of Evidence: Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Chapter 20 Appraising Qualitative Research Studies
- Part IV Evidence in Practice
- Chapter 21 Patient or Client Preferences and Values
- Chapter 22 Putting It All Together
- Appendix A Calculation of Confidence Intervals
- Appendix B Additional Evidence Appraisal Tools
- Appendix C Additional Calculations for Evidence-Based Physical Therapist Practice
- Appendix Glossary
- Appendix Index
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!