The Interprofessional Health Care Team: Leadership and DevelopmentAuthor: Donna Weiss
The Interprofessional Health Care Team: Leadership and Development, Third Edition is designed to help future health professionals realize their capacity for leadership and develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are requisite to becoming a positive agent of change and growth in themselves and in others at the organizations within which they work. It describes possibilities and options, theories, exercises, rich references, and stimulating questions that will inspire both novices and experts to think differently about their roles and styles as leaders or members of a team. The authors provide many tools to empower readers and facilitate the fostering of productive teamwork. It is an inspiring book with easily operational principles. It is written for many audiences and to achieve many goals all centered on best practices to attain quality care, particularly during this time of reinventing and transforming health care.
In response to increasingly complex healthcare challenges, models for interprofessional practice and education have received global acceptance as prerequisites for improving population health, improving per capita costs and improving the health care experience. This book is comprised of three primary modules or parts: Teamwork and Group Development, Relationship Centered Leadership and Building & Sustaining Collaborative Interdisciplinary Teams. Each module is divided into chapters which introduce theoretical concepts and provide case studies and active teaching/learning experiences that are appropriate for in-class, on-line, or personal, reflective learning environments.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I Team and Group Development
- Chapter 1 Groups-Teams-Systems
- Chapter 2 Group Development
- Chapter 3 Team Building Blocks: Norms, Goals, Roles, Communication, Leaders, and Memebers
- Part II Relationship-Centered Leadership
- Chapter 4 Perspectives on Leadership
- Chapter 5 Leadership Building Blocks
- Chapter 6 Relational Leadership
- Part III Building and Sustaining Collaborative Interprofessional Teams
- Chapter 7 Leveraging Diversity
- Chapter 8 Generative Practices for a Sustainable Collaborative Culture
- Chapter 9 Profiles in Collaboration
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!