Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Practical Budgeting for Health Care: A Concise GuideAuthor: Thomas K. Ross
With the growing importance of budgeting and budget analysis in today’s outcome-value oriented healthcare environment, there is an ever-increasing need to provide today’s healthcare students with budgeting skills they need to be successful. While most healthcare finance texts include a chapter on budgeting, this coverage is often insufficient to adequately prepare them, as future financial managers, for the demands of upper management.
A great supplement to a wide range of finance, economics, and accounting courses across the health disciplines, Practical Budgeting for Health Care: A Concise Guide covers the full scope of budgeting and budget analysis–from incremental budgeting, forecasting, and flexible budgeting, to variance analysis, capital budgeting, and more–providing students with the information and skills they’ll need to budget effectively.
Features and Benefits
- Includes step-by-step instructions on constructing budgets, focusing on incremental and flexible budgeting, the two most commonly-used systems.
- Provides an in-depth discussion of program, zero-base, and activity-based budgets.
- Offers a host of Excel-based exercises that actively engage students by encouraging them to read, calculate, write, and reflect as they build and analyze budgets.
- Brings content to life with mini-case studies that illustrate the story-telling that lives behind the numbers.
- Provides an affordable way to ensure that the topic of budgeting receives proper attention and student mastery in a time- and cost-efficient way.
- Includes Navigate 2 eBook Access with each new print copy enabling students to read their digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Healthcare Finance and Managerial Control over Expenses
- Chapter 2 Building a Basic Budget – Incremental Budgeting
- Chapter 3 Accounting for Change – Forecasting
- Chapter 4 Incorporating Actual Output in to the Budget – Flexible Budgeting
- Chapter 5 Managing the Budget – Variance Analysis
- Chapter 6 Replacing and Adding Assets – Capital Budgeting
- Chapter 7 Leveraging Financial Information to Improve Performance and Outcomes