Legal and Ethical Issues for Health ProfessionalsAuthor: George D Pozgar
Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, 6th Edition, has been designed to assist the reader in a more comfortable transition from the didactics of the classroom to the practical application in the workplace. The 6th Edition provides the reader with a clearer understanding of how the law and ethics are intertwined as they relate to health care dilemmas.
The 6th Edition, as with previous editions, has been designed to introduce the reader to various ethical-legal issues and should not be considered an in-depth or comprehensive review of a particular ethical-legal issue. The book is a call to arms to do good things, to stand out from the crowd, because acts of caring, compassion, and kindness often go unnoticed.
Features and Benefits
- Quotes: The practical application of ethics in the healthcare setting is accomplished by interspersing the thoughts of great minds through Quotes
- News Clippings: The legal and ethical issues of current healthcare events are reviewed and explored as News Clippings of actual published editorials
- Reality Checks: Patient, personal, provider, and organizational experiences are shared through Reality Checks
- Cases: Legal rulings and summaries are showcased through Case Law example
- The book concludes with a closet drama that illustrates the real world of human behavior and ties together its contents in one case
- Navigate Advantage includes access to an eBook, flash cards, assessments, and study aids
- Instructor resources include a test bank, Instructor Manual, slides in PowerPoint format, Knowledge Check questions, and a Sample Syllabi
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Ethics
- Chapter 2 Contemporary Ethical Dilemmas
- Chapter 3 End-of-Life Dilemmas
- Chapter 4 Health Care Ethics Committee
- Chapter 5 Development of Law
- Chapter 6 Introduction to Law
- Chapter 7 Government Ethics and the Law
- Chapter 8 Organizational Ethics and the Law
- Chapter 9 Health Care Professionals and Legal-Ethical Issues
- Chapter 10 Physician Ethics and the Law
- Chapter 11 Patient Consent
- Chapter 12 Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 13 Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 14 Patient Abuse
- Chapter 15 Summary Case: Search for Truth
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!