Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Jones & Bartlett Learning’s Clinical Medical AssistingAuthor: Judy Kronenberger
Features and Benefits
- Case Studies exemplify the types of real-world situations students will encounter as medical assistants
- Procedure boxes break procedures down into steps that demonstrate how to perform essential skills properly
- Video icons alert students to available skills videos for the topic they are exploring
- Medication boxes cover commonly prescribed medications.
- Highlighted Key Points reinforce important concepts.
- Patient Education boxes contain in-depth information that students must know to effectively educate patients.
- Ethical Tip boxes provide guidelines that help students learn and abide by the ethical standards set forth by the AAMA.
- Legal Tip boxes contain important legal information to help aspiring medical assistants understand the legal implications associated with the profession.
- What If? … boxes present a variety of real-life scenarios that students must be able to handle in the medical office. Each situation is clearly defined and explained.
- Triage boxes help students develop important skills for practice
- Role-playing activities give students an opportunity to play the role of a medical assistant in responding to the types of situations they will encounter on the job
- Domain Icons indicate content that is part of cognitive, affective, and psychomotor learning domains
- Chapter Outlines provide a “road map” to chapter content
- Learning Outcomes (including CAAHEP and ABHES competencies) list the skills to be learned in each chapter
- Key Terms lists reinforce the vocabulary of medical assisting
- Checkpoint Questions appear throughout each chapter, allowing students to assess their understanding before moving on
- Spanish Terms and Phrases assist students in communicating with Spanish speakers
- Chapter Summaries review key points
- Warm Ups for Critical Thinking activities include real-life scenarios that require students to develop, create, write, or search for further resources