Academic book request
Health Professional as Educator: Principles of Teaching and LearningAuthors: Susan B. Bastable, Doborah Sopczyk
Health Professional as Educator: Principles of Teaching and Learning, Second Edition focuses on the daily education of patients, clients, fellow colleagues, and students in both clinical and classroom settings. Written by renowned educators and authors from a wide range of health backgrounds, this comprehensive text not only covers teaching and learning techniques, but reinforces concepts with strategies, learning styles, and teaching plans. The Second Edition focuses on a range of audiences making it an excellent resource for those in all healthcare professions, regardless of level of educational program. Comprehensive in its scope and depth of information, students will learn to effectively educate patients, students, and colleagues throughout the course of their careers.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Features and Benefits
- New sections have been added on Interprofessional Education (IPE), IPE collaboration, patient-centered care, and patient engagement in the teaching and learning process.
- New entire new sections have been added on the latest socioecological model of learning, on the theory and stages of motor learning, and the neuropsychology of learning.
- Significant updates on the new discoveries in neuroscience as they affect gender attributes of learners, new information on the impact of socioeconomic status on learning, and more about underrepresented minorities in the health professions to recognize and address the cultural needs of learners.
- New Case Studies have been added to the end of each chapter accompanied by thought provoking questions (and answers) to take learning to the next level.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I Perspectives on Teaching and Learning
- Chapter 1 Overview of Education in Health Care
- Chapter 2 Ethical, Legal, and Economic Foundations of the Educational Process
- Chapter 3 Applying Learning Theories to Healthcare Practice
- Part II Characteristics of the Learner
- Chapter 4 Determinants of Learning
- Chapter 5 Developmental Stages of the Learner
- Chapter 6 Compliance, Motivation, and Health Behaviors of the Learner
- Chapter 7 Literacy in the Adult Client Population
- Chapter 8 Gender, Socioeconomic, and Cultural Attributes of the Learner
- Chapter 9 Educating Learners with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses
- Part III Techniques and Strategies for Teaching and Learning
- Chapter 10 Behavioral Objectives and Teaching Plans
- Chapter 11 Teaching Methods and Settings
- Chapter 12 Instructional Materials
- Chapter 13 Technology in Education
- Chapter 14 Evaluation in Healthcare Education
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!