Academic book request
Ethical and Legal Aspects of Health Care PracticeAuthor: Frederick Adolf Paola
Ethical and Legal Aspects of Health Care Practice is a working text and survey of legal and ethical issues intended for health professionals, including physician assistants, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and respiratory therapists. This survey of legal and ethical issues for health professions students covers various approaches to ethical analysis, illustrates their application through the use of cases, and discusses important substantive, relevant topics in the field of medical ethics.
Grounded in more than 27 years of experience teaching medical ethics and legal medicine, the author presents a framework from which students can effectively analyze difficult and critical topics relevant to healthcare practice now and as laws evolve, an essential foundation in the principles and practice of medical ethics for any healthcare professional.
Features and Benefits
- Every chapter includes summaries, illustrative cases, references to high profile cases , and review questions to reinforce student learning
- The text concludes with a Glossary of Legal Terms for student familiarization and study of these important concepts
- Instructor resources include a sample syllabus, integrated case studies, slides in PowerPoint format, supplementary chapters, and a test bank
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF ETHICS AND LAW FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- Chapter 1 Theory, Principles, and Rules in Ethics
- Chapter 2 Professionalism and the Internal Morality of Medicine
- Chapter 3 Case-based Reasoning in Ethics
- Chapter 4 U.S. Law
- Part 2 THE PROVIDER-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
- Chapter 5 Confidentiality
- Chapter 6 Conflicts of Interest
- Chapter 7 Informed Consent
- Part 3 ETHICAL AND LEGAL ISSUES IN CONTEMPORARY HEALTH CARE PRACTICE
- Chapter 8 Interactions Among Health Care Professionals
- Chapter 9 Ethical Issues at Life’s Beginning
- Chapter 10 Ethical Issues at Life’s End
- Chapter 11 Medical Malpractice and Health Professionals
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!