Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Dental Office AdministrationAuthors:
Dental Office Administration is a comprehensive resource that details the responsibilities of the dental office professional, providing practical communication techniques and tips for problem solving. It also provides the necessary clinical background information every dental office professional needs for a successful practice. Hands-on activities within the text require students to practice common tasks, such as dental charting, writing a memo, or conducting a mock telephone call with another student.
Dental Office Administration is complete with a complimentary Navigate 2 Companion Website which provides a wealth of information to help students better understand the various facets of office administration through practical learning activities and study tools. We are pleased to provide these online resources to support classroom education. Click the link to access the Dental Office Administration Companion Website.
Features and Benefits
- Legal Tip Boxes contain important information about HIPAA privacy issues to help the aspiring dental assistant understand the legal implications associated with the profession.
- Administrative Tip Boxes provide students with tips on how to perform some administrative tasks in the dental office.
- What If! Boxes present a variety of real-life scenarios that students must be prepared to handle in the dental office. Each situation is clearly defined and handled.
- Procedure Boxes break procedures down into steps, demonstrating how to perform common office management tasks.
- Canadian Practice Boxes provide unique aspects of dental practice in Canada to better address the needs in this demographic area.
- Tip From the Dentist Boxes provide students with tips from the perspective of the dentist regarding optimal practices for dental administrators.
- Key Terms are listed in the beginning of each chapter for quick reference.
- Checkpoint questions are brief review questions interspersed throughout each chapter.
- Chapter Introductions: Chapter Outlines and Learning Objectives provide quick overviews of the content in each chapter.
- Chapter Summaries provide the reader with a brief review of the content covered in the chapter.
- Review Questions quiz students on covered material and reinforce key points in the reading.
- Glossary at the back of the book provides students with a listing of all the key terms introduced throughout the text.
- Hands-On Activity requires the student to practice a common task, such as dental charting, writing a memo, or conducting a mock telephone call with another student.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 Introduction to the Profession
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Dental Office Administration
- Chapter 2 Legal Responsibilities and Ethics
- Chapter 3 Infection Control
- Part 2 Communication
- Chapter 4 Dental Terminology
- Chapter 5 Communication in the Dental Office
- Chapter 6 Telephone Skills
- Chapter 7 Written Communication
- Part 3 Dental Office Management
- Chapter 8 Patient Record Management
- Chapter 9 Patient Development and Maintenance
- Chapter 10 Appointment Management
- Chapter 11 Staff Management
- Chapter 12 Filing Procedures
- Chapter 13 Inventory
- Chapter 14 Technology in the Dental Office
- Part 4 Financial Management
- Chapter 15 Dental Insurance
- Chapter 16 Accounts Receivable
- Chapter 17 Accounts Payable
- Chapter 18 Banking
- Chapter 19 Payroll
- Part 5 Career Considerations
- Chapter 20 Employment Strategies