Academic book request
Clinical Chemistry: Principles, Techniques, and CorrelationsAuthor: Michael Bishop
Clinical Chemistry: Principles, Techniques, and Correlations, Ninth Edition is the most student-friendly clinical chemistry text available today. The Ninth Edition keeps students at the forefront of what continues to be one of the most rapidly advancing areas of laboratory medicine with clear explanations that balance analytic principles, techniques, and correlation of results with coverage of disease states. The book not only demonstrates the how of clinical testing, but also the what, why, and when of testing correlations to help students develop the knowledge and interpretive and analytic skills they’ll need in their future careers.
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks an interactive eBook, Health Professions Basic Math Review, worksheets, appendices, learning objectives, case studies, and additional study aids.
Features and Benefits
- New Case Studies, which include scenarios, lab results, and questions, give you an opportunity to apply content to clinical practice.
- Coverage of the latest equipment and technologies used in the modern lab prepares you for real-world practice.
- Practical, clinically-based coverage reflects the most recent or commonly performed techniques in the clinical chemistry laboratory.
- Insightful coverage of the impact of problem solving, quality assurance, and cost effectiveness on the laboratory professional prepares you for clinical practice.
- Useful in-text learning aids include chapter outlines and chapter objectives, tables that condense and augment theory coverage, and end-of-chapter questions that help you assess your level of mastery.
- A robust Health Professions Basic Math Review module provided in the online component provides study tools and worksheets to help you review the math concepts required to be successful.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 Basic Principles and Practices in Clinical Chemistry
- Chapter 1 Basic Principles and Practices of Clinical Chemistry
- Chapter 2 Laboratory Safety and Regulations
- Chapter 3 Quality Management in the Clinical Laboratory
- Chapter 4 Analytic Techniques
- Chapter 5 Clinical Chemistry Automation
- Part 2 Analytic Procedures and Clinical Correlation
- Chapter 6 Amino Acids and Proteins
- Chapter 7 Nonprotein Nitrogen Compounds
- Chapter 8 Enzymes
- Chapter 9 Carbohydrates
- Chapter 10 Lipids and Lipoproteins
- Chapter 11 Electrolytes
- Chapter 12 Blood Gases, pH, and Buffer Systems
- Part 3 Endocrinology and Clinical Correlation
- Chapter 13 Basic Endocrinology
- Chapter 14 Thyroid Function
- Chapter 15 Hypothalamic and Pituitary Function
- Chapter 16 Adrenal Function
- Chapter 17 Gonadal Function
- Chapter 18 Parathyroid Function
- Part 4 Organ Systems and Clinical Correlation
- Chapter 19 Liver Function
- Chapter 20 Cardiac Function
- Chapter 21 Renal Function
- Chapter 22 Pancreatic Function
- Part 5 Specialty Areas of Clinical Chemistry
- Chapter 23 Body Fluid Analysis
- Chapter 24 Pregnancy and Prenatal Testing
- Chapter 25 Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Chapter 26 Toxicology
- Chapter 27 Trace Elements, Toxic Elements, and Vitamins
- Chapter 28 Tumor Markers
- Chapter 29 Point-of-Care Testing
- Chapter 30 Newborn and Pediatric Clinical Chemistry
- Chapter 31 Geriatric Clinical Chemistry
- Appendix Glossary
- Appendix Index
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!