Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Essentials of Managing Stress During Times of Pandemic: A PrimerAuthor: Brian Luke Seaward
Every new print copy includes access to the Navigate Companion Website which features audio introduction and relaxation files, a Student Workbook, Practice Quizzes, and Web Links.
A great addition to any personal health and wellness course, as well as for use as a stand-alone resource, Essentials of Managing Stress During Times of Pandemic: A Primer provides a concise and practical guide to stress management tips and techniques. It begins by uncovering what stress is, the psychology of stress, and how it affects the body before delving into effective coping skills. The guide then walks through stress relief techniques, including nutrition and physical exercise recommendations, and closes with ten tips for staying grounded. The included case studies illustrate how these approaches can be applied in practice.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I What is Stress
- Chapter 1 The Nature of Stress
- Chapter 2 The Psychology of Stress
- Chapter 3 Stress and the Body
- Part II Effective Coping Skills
- Chapter 4 Positive Mindset
- Chapter 5 Creative Problem Solving
- Part III Stress Relief Techniques
- Chapter 6 Nutrition: Eating for a Healthy Immune System
- Chapter 7 Physical Exercise
- Part IV Ten Quick Tips for Staying Grounded
- Chapter 8 Sound Strategies and Quick Tips for Adaptation and Resiliency in a Rapidly and Dramatically Changing World