Academic book request
Principles of Health Education and PromotionAuthors: Randy Cottrell, Denise Seabert, James F. McKenzie
Principles of Health Promotion and Education, Eighth Edition provides readers with a solid foundation in the history, philosophy, theory, and ethics of health education. Considered the best overall introduction to the growing field of health education and promotion, the text connects fundamental topics to research, resources, and practitioners.
It covers the roles and responsibilities of health education specialists, potential occupational settings, and the ethics that inform professional decisions. Looking at the past, present, and future of health, health care, and health education and promotion, the text features discussions of recent health reforms, the evolving professional landscape, the use of social media in health promotion, and much more.
- Updated to include the Areas of Responsibility, Competencies, and Sub-competencies for Health Education Specialist Practice Analysis II 2020 (HESPA II 2020).
- Unique Practitioner’s Perspective boxes use personal stories of health education specialists to provide students with background information on important health issues, how to find jobs, and what to expect in the profession.
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter encourage students to look at issues as practicing health educators.
- Includes in-dept discussions on the most current thinking and practices in the field, including:
- The shift from public to community health
- Location-based health determinants
- Social media use in health promotion
- Recent health reform movements and developments
- The seven responsibilities and competencies of health education specialists
- Non-traditional health jobs
- Accreditation for undergraduate programs
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 A Background for the Profession
- Chapter 2 The History of Health and Health Education/Promotion
- Chapter 3 Philosophical Foundations
- Chapter 4 Theories and Planning Models
- Chapter 5 Ethics and Health Education/Promotion
- Chapter 6 The Heath Education Specialist: Roles, Responsibilities, Certifications, and Advanced Study
- Chapter 7 The Settings for Health Education/Promotion
- Chapter 8 Agencies, Associations, and Organizations Associated with Health Education/Promotion
- Chapter 9 The Literature of Health Education/Promotion
- Chapter 10 Future Trends in Health Education/Promotion
- Appendix A Code of Ethics for the Health Education Profession
- Appendix B Areas of Responsibility, Competencies, and Sub-Competencies for Health Education Specialists Practice Analysis II 2020 (HESPA II 2020)
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!