Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Kraus’ Recreation and Leisure in a Modern SocietyAuthor: Amy Hurd
Celebrating 50 Years of the Hallmark Text in Recreation and Leisure Studies!
Kraus’ Recreation and Leisure in Modern Society provides a detailed introduction to the history, developments, and current trends in leisure studies. The Twelfth Edition focuses on the challenges and opportunities impacting the profession—including dramatic demographic changes, new technologies, and innovations in marketing—through an array of pedagogical features, including engaging sidebars and case studies addressing contemporary issues.
Focusing on ten different types of organizations—ranging from nonprofit community organizations and armed forces recreation to sports management and travel and tourism sponsors—the Twelfth Edition is an invaluable resource for students considering a career in the recreation and leisure industry.
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage access with interactive eBook, practice activities, and assessments. Instructor resource include quizzes, midterm and final exam, slides in PowerPoint format, instructor manual, syllabus, and additional cases.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Conceptual Foundations of the Field of Leisure Services
- Chapter 2 Leisure Motivation
- Chapter 3 Sociocultural Factors Affecting Leisure Experiences
- Chapter 4 History of Recreation and Leisure
- Chapter 5 Social Functions of Community Recreation
- Chapter 6 The Leisure-Service System
- Chapter 7 Leisure as a Profession
- Chapter 8 Specialized Leisure Service Areas
- Chapter 9 Outdoor Recreation and Natural Resources Management
- Chapter 10 Travel and Tourism
- Chapter 11 Sport and the Leisure Industry
- Chapter 12 Future Perspectives