Academic book request
Community and Public Health Education Methods: A Practical GuideAuthors: Robert J. Bensley, Jodi Brookins-Fisher
Updated to keep pace with this ever-evolving field, the fifth edition of Community and Public Health Education Methods: A Practical Guide teaches students to effectively communicate health education messages and positively influence the norms and behaviors of both individuals and communities. Written by and for health education specialists, this text explores the methods used by health educators, including didactic techniques designed to guide others toward the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.
Divided into four sections, this well-organized guide begins with a focus on building the foundation for selecting and applying community and public health education methods. It then explores acquiring tools necessary for applying community and public health education and health promotion strategies. Section III examines health communication and media, including exploring social marketing concepts, applying health communication skills, using social media, and exploring digital media strategies. The final section focuses on community and advocacy level methods.
Features and Benefits
- 3 new chapters! Applying a Health Literacy Framework (4); Applying Motivational Interviewing Techniques (7); and Exploring Digital Media Strategies (11)
- Coverage of the latest industry standards, guidelines, and competencies, including the HESPA II CHES competencies.
- Wholly revised chapter on legislative advocacy
- Discussion of health promotion and various techniques including multi-level and multicomponent interventions.
- Practical examples throughout, including many on COVID-19
- Navigate eBook Access (included with the printed text and available stand-alone) for convenient online and offline access to the enhanced digital text.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Contributing Author Biographies
- Section 1 Building the Foundation for Selecting and Applying Community and Public Health Education Methods and Strategies
- Chapter 1 Laying the Foundation for Selecting Community and Public Health Education Methods and Strategies
- Chapter 2 Becoming a Health Education Professional
- Chapter 3 Promoting Health Education in a Multicultural Society
- Chapter 4 Applying a Health Literacy Framework
- Section 2 Acquiring the Tools for Applying Health Education and Promotion Methods and Strategies
- Chapter 5 Developing and Selecting Resource Materials
- Chapter 6 Developing Effective Presentation and Training Skills
- Chapter 7 Applying Motivational Interviewing Techniques
- Section 3 Acquiring the Tools for Applying Health Communication and Media Methods and Strategies
- Chapter 8 Exploring Social Marketing Concepts
- Chapter 9 Building a Health Communication Framework
- Chapter 10 Using Social Media
- Chapter 11 Exploring Digital Media Strategies
- Chapter 12 Working with Media Outlets
- Section 4 Applying Community and Public Health Education Methods and Strategies at the Community and Advocacy Level
- Chapter 13 Facilitating Groups
- Chapter 14 Building and Sustaining Coalitions
- Chapter 15 Advocating for Health Policy
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!