Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Alters And Schiff Essential Concepts For Healthy LivingAuthors: Jeff Housman, Mary Odum
Essential Concepts For Healthy Living, Seventh Edition Urges Students To Think Critically About Their Health And Overall Wellness And Empowers Them, With Clearly Identified Tools, To Help Them Reach This Goal. It Provides A Clear And Concise Introduction To The Latest Scientific And Medical Research In Personal Health And Highlights Common Behaviors And Attitudes Related To Individual Health Needs. The Seventh Edition, With An All New Author Team, Includes A Wealth Of New And Updated Data, Including Information On Obesity And Infertility,
New & Key Features Of The Seventh Edition:
– Combines Evidence-Based Information With Critical Thinking Activities To Guide Students Through Analysis Of Their Own Health Behavior
– Helps Students Distinguish Evidence-Based Information From Unreliable Health Information With Examples Pulled From Common Advertisements And Other Media.
– Lifestyle Analysis Activities, Provided In The Student Workbook, Use Current Tools And Methods To Guide Students Through The Behavior Change Process.
– Diversity In Health Case Studies Are Used To Highlight Experiences Of Diverse Populations Regarding Specific Behavioral Topics Or Outcomes.
– Managing Your Health Entries In Each Chapter Focus On Practical Ways To Incorporate Health Behavior Into One’S Lifestyle