Academic book request
A Practical Guide to Personal ConditioningAuthors: David D Peterson, Melissa Rittenhouse
A Practical Guide to Personal Conditioning concisely and comprehensively connects the science of exercise with real-world application to sport and human performance, effectively providing readers with both the “why” and “how” behind effective exercise prescription and programming. This engaging text explores the information necessary to develop an exercise and nutrition plan specifically designed and tailored to fit their personal fitness goals. It also encourages the reader to consider the numerous factors that may impact or complicate their plan, including the physical demands of their activities, environmental factors, and nutritional requirements. Anchored in exercise science, the authors have strived to present a safe and scientific approach to exercise prescription, programming, and nutrition.
Features and Benefits
- Frequently Asked Questions boxes address basic questions about training techniques and nutrition.
- End-of-chapter Assessment and Application sections include a bulleted chapter Summary, open-ended Knowledge Check questions, and scenario-based Activities.
- A comprehensive art package presents color photographs and illustrations that properly convey techniques along with the underlying exercise physiology concepts.
- Nutritional requirements for physical activity are emphasized, with individual chapters on general nutrition concepts, sport-specific nutrition, and fad diets and supplements.
- Every new print copy of A Practical Guide to Personal Conditioning includes access to the Navigate Companion Website which includes resources and learning tools designed to help readers get the most out of their text.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Basic Exercise Physiology
Chapter 2 Fitness Testing and Assessment
Chapter 3 Mobility Training/Low Back Pain
Chapter 4 Endurance Training
Chapter 5 Strength Training
Chapter 6 Exercise Programming
Chapter 7 General Nutrition
Chapter 8 Sports Nutrition
Chapter 9 Fad Diets and Supplements
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!