Academic book request
Applied BiomechanicsAuthors: John McLester, Peter St. Pierre
A SHAPE America Endorsed Title!
Written for undergraduate biomechanics courses, Applied Biomechanics: Concepts and Connections, Second Edition is a comprehensive resource that focuses on making connections between biomechanics and other subdisciplines of exercise science. With that in mind, each chapter contains a Concepts section and a Connections section. The Concepts are the core nuts and bolts of understanding the mechanics of movement. The Connections are designed to show how the Concepts are used in the many diverse areas within the movement sciences.
The Second Edition was written to meet the needs of students who aspire to any field of human movement or performance, making the concepts of biomechanics relevant no matter their ultimate choice of profession.
Features and Benefits
- A new end-of-text Student Workbook provides additional problems that are ideal for homework assignments, study aids, and in-class exercises. PDF pages also available on Navigate 2
- Sample Problems provide students with walk-throughs of complex and especially important concepts
- Review Questions and Practice Problems at the end of each chapter reinforce student comprehension of the material
- Focus on Research boxes introduce students to research in the field of biomechanics
- Dynamic full-color illustrations and photos bring core concepts to life
About SHAPE America:
Society of Health and Physical Educators—SHAPE America is the national organization that serves as the voice for 200,000+ health and physical education professionals across the nation. Since its founding in 1885, the organization has defined excellence in physical education, and our National Standards for K-12 Physical Education serve as the foundation for well-designed physical education programs across the country.
Join today, and you’ll become part of a network of thousands of professionals —from preK-12 educators who teach our country’s youth about the benefits of living a healthy, physically active lifestyle, to university professors who conduct much-needed research and teach our industry’s future professionals.
SHAPE America’s professional development, tools and resources will help you succeed in your current job…and advance in your career.
We can help you:
- Develop and implement student assessments
- Plan a standards-based lesson
- Gain support from your administrator
- Find grant funding
- Connect with experienced teachers who have valuable advice to share
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research and trends in the profession
- And more!
Here’s a sample of the members-only benefits you’ll receive:
- FREE access to the entire library of professional development webinars
- Exclusive discounts —up to 30% —on books and events, including the SHAPE America National Convention & Expo
- Subscription to your choice of award-winning, peer-reviewed journals with in-depth coverage of the news, trends and best practices in your area of expertise
- Access to monthly activity calendars through our Teacher’s Toolbox
- And much more!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1 Biomechanics and Related Movement Disciplines
Chapter 2 Describing the System and Its Motion
Chapter 3 Paradigms for Studying Motion of the System
Chapter 4 Interaction of Forces and the System
Chapter 5 Linear Motion of the System
Chapter 6 Angular Motion of the System
Chapter 7 System Balance and Stability
Chapter 8 The System as a Machine
Chapter 9 System Motion in a Fluid Medium
Chapter 10 The System as a Projectile
Chapter 11 Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 12 Connection by Application
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!