Academic book request
Alters & Schiff Essential Concepts for Healthy LivingAuthors: Jeff Housman, Mary Odum
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, workbook in writable PDF format, animations, student practice activities, weblinks, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Now in its ninth edition, Alters & Schiff Essential Concepts for Healthy Living provides students with all the information they need to know to make informed health decisions and embrace a healthy lifestyle. The authors combine evidence-based information with critical thinking activities to guide students toward healthy living through analysis of their own health behaviour. The Ninth Edition is updated with the latest topics and issues related to sexuality, gender and culture, community violence, consumer health, and much more. Through active use of the text students will gain a solid understanding of major concepts of healthy living that can be applied to their personal lives, as well as future health-related careers.
Features and Benefits
- Includes NEW updated information on the stressors related to COVID and politics.
- Incorporates new goals for the new Healthy People 2030 initiative.
- Includes updated substance abuse data among teens and college age students, as well as laws related to the legalised us of marijuana.
- Provides the latest Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2020-2025
- Includes a new section on emerging viruses with information about the viruses that cause SARS, MERS, and COVID-19.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Health: The Foundation for Life
- Chapter 2 Psychological Health
- Chapter 3 Stress and Its Management
- Chapter 4 Violence and Abuse
- Chapter 5 Reproductive Health
- Chapter 6 Romantic Relationships and Sexuality
- Chapter 7 Drug Use and Abuse
- Chapter 8 Alcohol and Tobacco
- Chapter 9 Nutrition
- Chapter 10 Body Weight and Its Management
- Chapter 11 Physical Fitness
- Chapter 12 Cardiovascular Health
- Chapter 13 Cancer
- Chapter 14 Infection, Immunity, and Noninfectious Disease
- Chapter 15 Aging, Dying, and Death
- Chapter 16 Environmental Health
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!