Essentials of Health Care MarketingAuthor: Eric N. Berkowitz
Essentials of Health Care Marketing, Fifth Edition provides students with a foundational knowledge of the principles of marketing and their particular application in health care. Offering an engaging and accessible approach, the Fifth Edition of this highly current text offers new and enhanced content on social media and digital marketing, a thorough consideration of ethics, the impact of technology on marketing and health care, and additional multimedia to add relevance and further engage students.
Features and Benefits
- New chapter on Marketing in the Digital Age discusses new disruptive competitors in health care, digital influences along the stages of the patient journey, the Internet of Things (IoT) and its effect on marketing, and more.
- Sixteen new cases highlight the impact of COVID-19, the marketing of the patient portal, the impact of mergers in health care on organizational culture, social media influences, and related current topics.
- Links in every chapter connect students to valuable digital resources, including video and web links that illuminate chapter concepts and provide a basis for classroom discussion.
- New & expanded discussion of technology throughout the text, including the use of artificial Intelligence (AI), big data, and virtual focus groups in market research; OTT distribution models such as Apple TX and Roku in advertising, and how technology impacts aging place for growing senior demographic.
- Significantly enhanced discussion of transparency in government, consumer, and corporate responses around price, including a new section on value-based payment models.
- New capstone chapter (16) on ethical considerations in marketing covers areas of topical interest and debate in health care marketing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 The Meaning of Marketing
- Chapter 2 Marketing Strategy
- Chapter 3 The Environment of Marketing Strategy
- Chapter 4 Buyer Behavior
- Chapter 5 Marketing Research
- Chapter 6 Market Segmentation
- Chapter 7 Developing Customer Loyalty
- Chapter 8 Marketing in the Digital Age
- Chapter 9 Product Strategy
- Chapter 10 Prices
- Chapter 11 Distribution
- Chapter 12 Promotion
- Chapter 13 Advertising
- Chapter 14 Sales and Sales Management
- Chapter 15 Controlling and Monitoring
- Chapter 16 Ethical Considerations in Marketing
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!