Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Novick & Morrow’s Public Health Administration: Principles for Population-Based ManagementAuthor: Leiyu Shi
New Fourth Edition of Novick & Morrow’s Public Health Administration: Principles of Population-Based Management available in fall 2020.
Under the direction of lead editors, Leiyu Shi and James A. Johnson, the Third Edition of Public Health Administration: Principles for Population-Based Management examines the many events, advances, and challenges in the United States and the world since the publication of the prior edition of the book.
With contributions from experts in areas ranging from workforce to community-based prevention to emergency preparedness, this timely and thorough revision offers detailed, comprehensive coverage of current, relevant issues for students as well as practicing public health administrators. This edition also addresses new perspectives of evidence-based public health, systems thinking, accountable care organizations, social entrepreneurship, integrated information management, disaster preparedness and response, and social media.
New to this Edition:
- Strong team of seasoned co-editors, Leiyu Shi and James A. Johnson.
- Streamlined chapters with new chapter objectives and discussion questions to enhance the classroom experience for students.
- New chapters on public health policy, social determinants of health, public health systems research, social marketing, social entrepreneurship for public health, and global health.
- New student Navigate Companion Website with interactive learning materials to engage students in learning
- Instructor Resources: Instructor Manual, PowerPoint, Test Bank
- Student Resources: Companion Website
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Overview of Public Health Administration By James A. Johnson and Leiyu Shi
- Chapter 2 Historical Developments in Public Health in the 21st Century By James Johnson, James Allen Johnson III, Cynthia Morrow
- Chapter 3 Public Health and Social Determinants of Health By Leiyu Shi
- Chapter 4 Public Health Administration and Practice Framework By Cynthia B. Morrow and James A. Johnson
- Chapter 5 Organization of the Public Health System By Glen P. Mays, Alene Kennedy Hendricks
- Chapter 6 Professionalism and Ethics in Public Health Practice and Management By Ruth Gaare Bernheim and Elizabeth Fenton
- Chapter 7 Public Health Law By Lawrence O. Gostin
- Chapter 8 Public Health Policy By Walter J. Jones, Ph.D.
- Chapter 9 Public Health Finance By Peggy Honoré and Louis Gapenski
- Chapter 10 Public Health Workforce By Gerald M. Barron, Linda Duchak, Margaret A. Potter
- Chapter 11 Human Resource Management for Public Health By Janet Porter
- Chapter 12 Leadership for Public Health By Claudia S. P. Fernandez and David Steffen
- Chapter 13 Public Health Information Systems and Management By Bernard J. Kerr, Jr., Jean Popiak-Goodwin, and Andrew T. Westrum
- Chapter 14 Geographic Information Systems for Public Health By Alan L. Melnick and Brendon Haggerty
- Chapter 15 Public Health Surveillance By Benjamin Silk, Theresa Hatzell Hoke, and Ruth Berkelman
- Chapter 16 Strategic Planning in Public Health By James H. Stephens and Gerald R. Ledlow
- Chapter 17 Performance Management in Public Health By Leslie M. Beitsch, Laura B. Landrum, Bernard J. Turnock, Arden S. Handler
- Chapter 18 Engaging Communities and Building Constituencies for Public Health By Michael T. Hatcher and Ray M. Nicola
- Chapter 19 Evaluation of Public Health Programs By L. Michele Issel and Michael Fagen
- Chapter 20 Advancing Public Health Systems Research By Leiyu Shi
- Chapter 21 Social Marketing and Consumer-Based Approaches in Public Health By Moya Alfonso and Mary P. Martinasek
- Chapter 22 Prevention, Health Education, and Health Promotion By Lawrence W. Green, Judith M. Ottoson, and Maria Roditis
- Chapter 23 Evidence-Based Public Health Management and Practice By Ross C. Brownson
- Chapter 24 Social Entrepreneurship and Public Health By Kristine Kawamura, Nailya O. DeLellis and Ormanbek T. Zhuzzhanov
- Chapter 25 Disaster Preparedness and Public Health Response By Linda Young Landesman and Cynthia Morrow
- Chapter 26 Public Health and Health Care Quality By Cheryll D. Lesneski, Peggy A. Honoré, and Carolyn Clancy
- Chapter 27 Global Health Challenges and Opportunities By Leiyu Shi and James Johnson