Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Legal and Ethical Essentials of Health Care AdministrationAuthors:
Legal and Ethical Essentials of Health Care Administration, Third Edition is the ideal text for courses that combine a study of both the legal and ethical aspects of healthcare administration. Derived from George Pozgar’s best-selling textbook, Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration, Thirteenth Edition, this more concise text provides the reader with the necessary knowledge to become conversant with both legal and ethical issues pertinent to the healthcare profession.
Using reader-friendly language, the book presents actual court cases, state and federal statues, and common-law principles to help the student understand the practical application of the concepts learned. The author includes a broad discussion of the legal system, including the sources of law and government organisation as well as basic reviews of tort law, criminal issues, contracts, civil procedure and trial practice, and a wide range of real-life legal and ethical dilemmas that caregivers have faced as they wound their way through the courts.
Features and Benefits
- Streamlined organisation for more effective teaching and learning.
- Dynamic, real world focus that engages readers to apply the concepts learned to the issues they will potentially face on a daily basis
- Opportunities for in-class experiential learning (moot court, debate issues, etc.)
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 eBook Access enabling you to read your digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Reflections on the Past
- Chapter 2 Government, Law, and Ethics
- Chapter 3 Tort Law and Reform
- Chapter 4 Criminal Aspects of Health Care
- Chapter 5 Contracts
- Chapter 6 Civil Procedure and Trial Practice
- Chapter 7 Corporate Structure and Legal Issues
- Chapter 8 Medical Staff Organization and Physician Liability
- Chapter 9 Nursing and the Law
- Chapter 10 Hospital Departments and Allied Professionals
- Chapter 11 Medical Records
- Chapter 12 Patient Consent
- Chapter 13 Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 14 Healthcare Ethics
- Chapter 15 Procreation and Ethical Dilemmas
- Chapter 16 End of Life Issues
- Chapter 17 Legal Reporting Requirements
- Chapter 18 Labor Relations
- Chapter 19 Employment-At Will and Discharge
- Chapter 20 Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Chapter 21 Professional Liability Insurance