Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
The Ethics Primer for Public Administrators in Government and Nonprofit OrganizationsAuthor/s: James H. Svara
Features and Benefits
- Greater attention to administrators in nonprofit organizations throughout the book.
- New discussion of the American Society of Public Administration (ASPA) code of ethics, in addition to its focus on key professional codes as a guide to ethical behavior.
- Stronger emphasis on reconciling one’s personal and professional code of ethics.
- New chapter on Public Affairs Education and Ethics that examines the ethical issues and challenges associated with each of the NASPAA core competencies.
- Updated Section on Responsible Whistleblowing features new information pertaining to the whistleblower report that contributed to investigation of presidential activities in Ukraine
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 eBook Access enabling you to read your digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction-and a Pop Quiz
- Chapter 2 Administrative Ethics: Ideas, Sources, and Development
- Chapter 3 Refining the Sense of Duty: Responsibilities of Public Administrators and the Issue of Agency
- Chapter 4 Reinforcing and Enlarging Duty: The Philosophical Bases of Ethical Behavior and the Ethics Triangle
- Chapter 5 Codifying Duty and Ethical Perspectives: Professional Codes of Ethics
- Chapter 6 Undermining Duty: Challenges to the Ethical Behavior of Public Administrators
- Chapter 7 Deciding How to Meet Obligations and Act Responsibly: Ethical Analysis and Problem Solving
- Chapter 8 Acting on Duty in the Face of Uncertainty and Risk: Responsible Whistleblowing
- Chapter 9 Mandating Duty: External Measures to Promote Ethics
- Chapter 10 Elevating Ethical Behavior in the Organization
- Chapter 11 Public Affairs Education and Ethics
- Chapter 12 Conclusion: The Duties of Public Administrators
- Appendix 1 Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch
- Appendix 2 American Society for Public Administration’s Code of Ethics with Practices
- Appendix 3 International City/County Management Association Code of Ethics
- Appendix 4 Independent Sector Code of Ethics for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Organizations