Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Patient Care Case LawAuthor: George D Pozgar
In Today’s Litigious Environment, Where High-Stakes Negligence Suits Plague The Health Care Industry, It Is Imperative That Health Care Professionals Understand Their Rights And Responsibilities Under The Law And The Legal Ramifications Of Their Actions. Patient Care Case Law: Ethics, Regulation, And Compliance Is A Unique Compendium Of Case Studies That Provides A Foundation For That Understanding.
The Broad Variety Of Case Studies Covered In This Reference Is Organized Around The Patient’s Progression Through The Health System, From Admission To Discharge. The Text Features Chapters On Patient Rights, The Screening And Assessment Process, Diagnosis, Treatment, Universal Protocols, Discharge Planning, And Follow-Up Care. Additionally, Chapters On Employee And Patient Safety, Human Resources, And Criminal Acts Round Out The Content.
Each Legal Case Presented Includes A Review Of The Facts, The Issues Related To The Health Care Industry, And The Court’s Ruling And Rationale For Its Decision.
Patient Care Case Law: Ethics, Regulation, And Compliance Features:
• Appendices On The U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations Chapter 42 For Hospitals, Medicare/Medicaid Certification, And Assessment Of Quality Care
• A Summary Case Written As A “Closet Drama”
• Discussion Questions For Each Case Presented
• Descriptive Citations Providing Useful Additional Information
• A List Of Suggested Websites To Aid Further Research
• Accompanying Resources For Instructors: Testbank And Powerpoints