Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Health Care USAAuthors: Harry A. Sultz, Kristina M. Young
Health Care USA, Eighth Edition, Offers Students Of Health Administration, Public Health, Medicine, And Related Fields A Wide-Ranging Overview Of America’S Health Care System.
Combining Historical Perspective With Analysis Of Current Trends, This Expanded Edition Charts The Evolution Of Modern American Health Care, Providing A Complete Examination Of Its Organization And Delivery While Offering Critical Insight Into The Issues That The U.S. Health System Faces Today.
From A Physician-Dominated System To One Defined By Managed Care And Increasingly Sophisticated Technology, This Essential Text Explains The Transformation Underway And The Professional, Political, Social, And Economic Forces That Guide It Today And Will In The Future.
Balanced In Perspective And Comprehensive In Its Coverage, Health Care USA, Eighth Edition, Provides Students With A Clearly Organized, Straightforward Illustration Of The Complex Structures, Relationships And Processes Of This Rapidly Growing Industry, Including Thoroughly Updated Information Throughout, On The Progress And Impact Of The Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Eighth Edition Has Been Thoroughly Revised To Reflect Recent Developments In This Dynamic Industry. The Latest Edition Features:
• A Comprehensive Overview Of The Complex And Evolving U.S. Health Care System, Plus Revised Data, Material And Analysis Throughout.
• Updated Information On The Progress And Impact Of The Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• New Information On The Efforts Of Hospitals To Reduce Medical Errors, Such As The Institute For Health Care Improvement’S 100,000 Lives Initiative
• Update Department Of Labor Estimates Of Number And Types Of Health Care Personnel.
• Provide An Historical Overview Of Medicare And Medicaid Programs: Definitions And History
• Explain The Role Of Managed Care As The Primary Mode Of US Health Insurance Coverage
• Updated Long Term Care Industry Trends
• A Thoroughly Revised Chapter On Mental Health Services Including A New Discussion Of Preventive Behavioral Services, And Recent Developments From The “Freedom Commission On Mental Health”