Academic book request
Accounting Fundamentals for Health Care ManagementAuthors: Steven A. Finkler, David M. Ward, Thad Calabrese
Ideal for an introductory course in financial accounting in health care, this essential text provides current and future healthcare managers with a solid foundation in the financial accounting and analysis skills needed within health care organizations. With Accounting Fundamentals for Health Care Management, Fourth Edition students will learn how to assess financial information, ask the appropriate questions, and understand the jargon-laden answers.
Features and Benefits
- Updated throughout to reflect the new Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) accounting standards, including implicit and explicit price concessions.
- Additional end-of-chapter questions and practice problems give student opportunities to apply chapter concepts.
- Microsoft® Excel instruction has been enhanced with additional Excel screen shots and explanation.
- Helpful instructor resources include an instructor manual with solutions for all the questions and problems; PowerPoint presentation slides for each chapter; and a test bank of questions organized chapter.
- Enriched Navigate eBook (available stand alone or with the printed text) includes the digital text enhanced with flashcards, chapter review slides, an interactive glossary, and chapter quiz questions for self-study.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Health Care Accounting and Financial Management
- Chapter 2 Introduction to Electronic Spreadsheets
- Chapter 3 Financial Environment of Health Care Organizations
- Chapter 4 Accounting Concepts
- Chapter 5 Introduction to the Key Financial Statements
- Chapter 6 Valuation of Assets, Liabilities, and Equities
- Chapter 7 Recording Financial Information
- Chapter 8 Reporting Financial Information-A Closer Look at the Financial Statements
- Chapter 9 The Role of the Outside Auditor
- Chapter 10 Depreciation-Having Your Cake and Eating It Too!
- Chapter 11 Inventory Costing-The Accountant’s World of Make-Believe
- Chapter 12 An Even Closer Look at Financial Statements
- Chapter 13 Notes to the Financial Statements-The Inside Story
- Chapter 14 Ratio Analysis-How Do We Compare to Other Health Care Organizations?
- Chapter 15 Investment Analysis-What Should We Do Next?
- Chapter 16 Working Capital Management and Banking Relationships
- Chapter 17 Capital Structure- Long-Term Debt and Equity Financing
- Chapter 18 Case Study-Happy Hospital
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!