Academic book request
Health Industry CommunicationAuthors: Nancy J. Hicks, Christina M. Nicols
Health Industry Communication: New Media, New Methods, New Message, Second Edition, Is A One-Of-A-Kind Text That Fills A Critical Gap In The Literature For Communications Students As Well As Students Of Health Administration And Public Health.
With Contributions From Leading Practitioners In Every Industry Sector, This Text Is A Robust Look At The Full Spectrum Of Healthcare Communications. The Chapters Offer A 360-Degree View Of The World Of Health Communication From A Business And Marketing Outlook As Well As A Look At Special Topics That Impact Health Communicators.
Four Sections Cover Over 20 Topics—Contributed By Authors From Both Private And Public Health Organizations—In Institutional Communication And Marketing; Consumer Communication And Social Marketing; Communication To Achieve Policy Change; And Media And Measurement. Some Of The Unique Topics Include Brand Development In Pediatric Healthcare, Contributed By An Author From A Well-Known Children’s Hospital; Using Paid And Shared Media In Communication Campaigns; And A Look At Efforts To Achieve Federal Policy Change Through Advocacy And Communication.
The Second Edition Provides Six New Chapters In The Following Topics:
• Ethics In Health Communications, Including An Overview Of Ethical Principles And Guidelines As Well As Recent Case Examples;
• Health Literacy And Risk Communications, Including Components Of Health Literacy, Recent Efforts To Advance Health Literature, Principles Of Risk Communications, And Recent Case Examples;
• Using Paid And Shared Media In Health Communications, Including Practical Counsel On How To Optimize Reach And Engagement With Target Audiences;
• Creating A National Healthcare Brand For Ascension, A Healthcare System Comprised Of 131 Local Hospitals And More Than 1,900 Sites Of Care, Including Hundreds Of Physician Practices.
• Developing A National Bone Health Campaign To Sustain Healthy Behaviors Among Girls, Including Audience-Centered Research, Strategic Partnerships, And Process And Outcomes Measures.
• Developing A Campaign To Implement The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act (ACA), Which Describes A Case Example Of An Enrollment Campaign To Ensure The Success Of The New Health Insurance Exchange In Washington, DC.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!