Academic book request
Managing Emergencies and Crises: Global PerspectivesAuthors: Naim Kapucu, Alpaslan Özerdem, Abdul-Akeem Sadiq
As the scale, frequency, and intensity of crises faced by the world have dramatically increased over the last decade, there is a critical need for a careful stocktaking on the knowledge of managing disasters. Managing Emergencies and Crises: Global Perspectives, Second Edition clearly and comprehensively explores the most important concepts of emergency and crisis management (such as mitigation, protection, prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, vulnerability and risk assessment) and illustrates them with cases involving disasters and emergencies worldwide.
Substantially revised, the Second Edition has been reorganised and includes two new and timely chapters on terrorism and emergency management and public health emergencies and crises. It also provides an emphasis on management and leadership and cross-sector governance from interdisciplinary and global perspectives
Features and Benefits
- Two new chapters: Terrorism and Emergency Management and Public Health Emergencies and Crises.
- Wide range of scholarly perspectives are presented to guide readers’ understanding of various concepts in the emergency and crisis management field.
- Rich and diverse case studies illustrate how various stakeholders, including emergency program managers, respond in crisis and emergency management situation.
- Navigate eBook Access (included with the print text) provides online or offline access to the digital textbook.
Upper level undergraduate and graduate level courses in Disaster Preparedness, Preparedness Training, Emergency Management Training (EMT), Preparedness and Emergency Response, Preparedness and Planning
Also appropriate for researchers, practitioners and leaders involved in crisis response.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Hazards, Disasters, and Vulnerability
- Chapter 3 Prevention, Mitigation, and Preparedness
- Chapter 4 Response and Recovery
- Chapter 5 Risk Perception and Communication
- Chapter 6 Community Disaster Resilience
- Chapter 7 Emergency and Crisis Management Stakeholders
- Chapter 8 Decision Making in Managing Emergencies and Crises
- Chapter 9 Leadership in Managing Emergencies and Crises
- Chapter 10 Building an Effective Emergency Management System
- Chapter 11 Evaluation and Accountability
- Chapter 12 Public Health Emergencies and Crises
- Chapter 13 Terrorism and Emergency Management
- Chapter 14 International Actors and Perspectives
- Chapter 15 Future Directions in Emergency and Crisis Management
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!