Academic book request
Working in Community Health: Foundations for a Successful CareerAuthor: Karen (Kay) M. Perrin
Working in Community Health: Foundations for a Successful Career prepares and trains current and future community health workers for employment in this rapidly expanding field. This first-of-its kind text provides the knowledge required for developing effective employment skills, understanding basic anatomy and physiology of common chronic diseases, accessing and understanding health knowledge, developing a resume, and interviewing proficiency.
Features and Benefits
- Written at a community college literacy level and provides an overarching foundation for several public health and clinical careers, such as nursing, health education, physician assistant, and counseling.
- Divided into four sections, the book teaches medical terminology; body systems and most common chronic diseases and their prevention; links between social and environmental issues and health promotion and prevention; and resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Each chapter concludes with two case studies to help students understand the application of concepts learned;
- The chapters cover a summarized list of the most common state and national competencies for community health worker training.
- Navigate eBook Access (included with the printed text) provides online or offline access to the digital text enhanced with interactive worksheets, practice activities, flashcards, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1 Community Health Workers in the Community
- Chapter 1 What is a Community Health Worker (CHW)?
- Chapter 2 Adult Learning and Health Literacy
- Chapter 3 Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health
- Chapter 4 Social Justice, Advocacy, and Community Resources
- Section 2 Health and Disease
- Chapter 5 Environmental Impact of Health
- Chapter 6 Body Systems
- Chapter 7 Infectious Diseases
- Section 3 Aspects of Aging
- Chapter 8 Safety for the Aging Population, Elderly, and Community Health Workers
- Chapter 9 Aspects of Aging
- Chapter 10 Quality of Life, Advance Directives, and End of Life Planning
- Section 4 Health Care, Ethics, and Professionalism
- Chapter 11 Health Insurance
- Chapter 12 Health Care Facilities
- Chapter 13 Ethics, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Chapter 14 The CHW Profession
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!