Academic book request
Population Health: A PrimerAuthor: Richard Riegelman
Features and Benefits
- A concise and affordable option. This short, reasonably priced text provides an easy way to integrate a population health perspective into a variety of courses.
- Practical application. Case studies in each unit illustrate how these approaches can be applied in practice.
- Important pedagogical features including learning objectives, frameworks, case studies with discussion questions, interactive glossary, tables and boxes that provide valuable guidance and resources for students.
- Enriched eBook that offers interactive digital lessons with knowledge checks, interactive glossary, and flashcards.
- Helpful Instructor’s Resources. Insightful instructor’s guide and test bank provide additional resources for instructors and facilitate integrating the book into a range of courses.
NOTE: Population Health: A Primer includes important background for understanding COVID-19 including:
- Unit 1: Ro (R naught) its meaning and importance for predicting and controlling a pandemic
- Unit 2: One Health and the emergence of pandemics such as SARS and influenza from animals including an influenza pandemic case study
- Unit 3: Pandemics and WHO authority to declare a “public health emergency of international concern”
Population Health: A Primer is part of the Jones & Bartlett Learning Population Health Series. To learn more about the series and access population health resources, visit: https://www.jblearning.com/populationhealth
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!