Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Teaching Social and Emotional Learning in Health EducationAuthors:
Every new print copy includes 365-day access to the Navigate eBook.
Teaching Social and Emotional Learning in Health Education: Applications in School and Community Settings provides instructors with the tools they need to successfully incorporate social and emotional learning into their classrooms. It aligns social and emotional learning to standards-based health education, providing a clear rationale for pairing the two when planning your curriculum. This valuable text trains health educators to connect the Social Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies to the National Health Education Standards (NHES), then design assessment and instruction.
- Provides assessments and instruction for SEL competencies and the National Health Education Standards.
- Includes district-wide implementation strategies that include the elementary health educator and professional development.
- Considers backwards design planning for SEL and skills-based health education, including data analysis, standards/competencies, assessment, and instruction.
- Worksheets provide instructors new to SEL with an opportunity for direct application.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Social Emotional Learning
- Chapter 2 Pedagogical Practices
- Chapter 3 Teaching Self-Awareness
- Chapter 4 Teaching Self-Management
- Chapter 5 Teaching Social Awareness
- Chapter 6 Teaching Relationship Skills
- Chapter 7 Teaching Responsible Decision-Making