Academic book request
Introduction to Health Behavior TheoryAuthor: Joanna Aboyoun Hayden
Note: Previous edition 9781284125115
- Designed to provide students with an easy to understand, interesting, and engaging introduction to the theoretical basis of health education, Introduction to Health Behavior Theory, Fourth Edition uses comprehensive and accessible explanations to help students understand what theory is, how theories are developed, and what factors influence health behaviour theory.Covering the more commonly used health behaviour theories in individual chapters, the author breaks each theory into concepts and constructs to enhance comprehension and encourage students to discover how these theories can be put into practice.
Features and Benefits
- Theory essence sentence and constructs chart at the beginning of each chapter condenses the theory into one easy to learn and remember sentence and provides context for the rest of the chapter.
- A historical overview of each theory’s development provides students with a context for how and why the theory explains behaviour.
- Numerous examples from the literature in difference practice settings with different populations to support learning/understanding of the content. Many examples are COVID-19 related.
- End of chapter activities based on a reproduced full journal article reinforce chapter content by clearly demonstrating the theory’s application in practice.
- Links to and annotations of additional open access articles in each chapter that demonstrate the application of the theory in practice.
- A final summary chapter includes guidelines for choosing a theory, summary charts of theory essence sentences and constructs, and construct domains with examples of corresponding program activities.
- Navigate eBook access (included with the print text) provides online or offline access to the digital text from a computer, tablet, or mobile device.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Theory
- Chapter 2 Self-Efficacy Theory
- Chapter 3 Theory of Reasoned Action and Theory of Planned Behavior
- Chapter 4 Health Belief Model
- Chapter 5 Attribution Theory
- Chapter 6 Transtheoretical Model-Stages of Change
- Chapter 7 Protection Motivation Theory
- Chapter 8 Social Cognitive Theory
- Chapter 9 Diffusion of Innovation
- Chapter 10 Social Ecological Model
- Chapter 11 Social Capital Theory
- Chapter 12 Choosing a Theory
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!