Academic book request
Introduction to Global HealthAuthor: Kathryn H. Jacobsen
Introduction to Global Health is a comprehensive look at today’s most critical global health concerns and the actions that people around the world are taking to solve public health problems and to promote health and wellbeing.
The Fourth Edition of Introduction to Global Health maintains the clarity and ease of use of the prior edition, while featuring a greater emphasis on the specific interventions that are being implemented to promote longer, healthier lives worldwide and prevent disease, disability, and early death in countries of all income levels. Every chapter balances material about pandemics, climate change, and other emerging threats to global public health with evidence of how global health interventions are enabling progress toward achieving health equity.
Features and Benefits
- Chapters on globalization and health security, the socioeconomic and environmental contributors to population health, ethics and human rights, health systems financing, and global health agencies and organizations closely align with the student learning objectives recommended by the Consortium of Universities for Global Health.
- Updated science, policy, epidemiology, and data visualizations are featured in the chapters on infectious diseases, reproductive health, nutrition, noncommunicable diseases, mental health promotion, injury prevention, child and adolescent health, and healthy aging.
- Expanded coverage of history, values, and functions of global health, plus new content about COVID-19, prevention and implementation science, culture and health, ecosystem and planetary health, interprofessionalism, and other trending themes have been added.
- Chapters and sections are organized to ease navigation for eBook readers.
- More than 350 tables, figures, and photographs enliven the content.
- The glossary provides definitions for more than 900 key terms.
- A robust set of instructor’s materials provide discussion prompts for each section of the text, active learning exercises for each chapter, author-created PowerPoint slides, quiz and test banks, and sample syllabi.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Global Health Transitions
- Chapter 2 Global Health Priorities
- Chapter 3 Socioeconomic Determinants of Health
- Chapter 4 Environmental Determinants of Health
- Chapter 5 Health and Human Rights
- Chapter 6 Global Health Financing
- Chapter 7 Global Health Implementation
- Chapter 8 HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
- Chapter 9 Diarrheal, Respiratory, and Other Infections
- Chapter 10 Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Chapter 11 Reproductive Health
- Chapter 12 Nutrition
- Chapter 13 Cardiovascular Diseases
- Chapter 14 Cancer
- Chapter 15 Diabetes, Chronic Respiratory Diseases, and Other Noncommunicable Diseases
- Chapter 16 Mental Health Promotion
- Chapter 17 Injury Prevention
- Chapter 18 Promoting Neonatal, Infant, Child, and Adolescent Health
- Chapter 19 Promoting Healthy Adulthood and Aging
- Chapter 20 Interprofessionalism in Global Health
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!