Academic book request
Essentials of Biostatistics in Public HealthAuthor: Lisa M. Sullivan
Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health, Fourth Edition provides a fundamental and engaging background for students learning to apply and appropriately interpret biostatistics applications in the field of public health. Many examples are drawn directly from the author’s remarkable clinical experiences with the renowned Framingham Heart Study, making this text practical, interesting, and accessible for those with little mathematical background. The examples are real, relevant, and manageable in size so that students can easily focus on applications rather than become overwhelmed by computations.
The Fourth Edition has been thoroughly updated, and now offers a new chapter on career opportunities in biostatistics and new case studies focused on COVID-19 within each chapter. This edition also includes free access to JMP® Student Subscription (a $29.95 value).
- New cases based on COVID-19 highlight the importance and practical applications of biostatistics for addressing the pandemic.
- New chapter on careers in biostatistics provides helpful guidance and insight to undergraduates choosing a career.
- Chapter opening “In the News Feature” raises key questions and highlights issues from the news/social media to engage students in thinking about the specific application about to be discussed in light of the important problems that impact people and health
- 2 workbooks within the main eBook include offer step-by-step instructions and many how-to screenshots
- Updated Excel Workbook provides hands-on experience with statistical computing using Microsoft Excel
- New accompanying JMP workbook provides exercises and examples of statistical computing using JMP
- New JMP® Student Subscription – included for free download with purchase of the book or eBook
- New full-color design
Learn more about Lisa Sullivan’s new Fourth Edition, its accompanying workbooks, and her experience using JMP software with her own students in her recent webinar, Engaging Students in Biostatistics: Using Statistical Computing to Promote Learning.
“Dr. Sullivan has won numerous teaching awards for her skills and commitment to education in Biostatistics, including the Association of Schools of Public Health Award for Teaching Excellence. She possesses a unique combination of sophisticated Biostatistics expertise and a clear and engaging writing style-one that can draw students in and help them understand even the most difficult topic. I am delighted that Dr. Sullivan has included her book and workbook in our Essential Public Health series. There is no better book to recommend for the anxious student first confronting the field of Biostatistics.”
Richard Riegelman, MD, MPH, PhD
Founding Dean, The George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health
Editor, The Essential Public Health Series
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!