Academic book request
Friis’ Epidemiology 101Author/s: Scott Quinlan
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the MPox epidemic, recent outbreaks of Ebola, and a growing focus on the role of social determinants in health disparities, and more, there is increasing motivation and need to learn about epidemiology.
Friis’ Epidemiology 101, Third Edition is a clear and accessible resource designed to provide students with a solid foundation in basic epidemiologic concepts while also demonstrating how these concepts can be applied to problems in everyday life. In keeping with the prior editions, this non-technical text is written for students with little or background in health and biostatistics, and offers numerous case studies, text boxes, vignettes, exhibits, photographs, figures, and illustrations to engage readers.
Features and Benefits
- Updated throughout with new data and examples.
- Coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic, mPox, the drug overdose epidemic, and an enhanced understanding of the social determinants of health.
- Additional discussion of epidemiology applications including chronic disease epidemiology and epidemiology of aging.
- A streamlined and reorganized introduction to study designs.
- Practice problems at the end of each chapter give students the opportunity to apply the skills that they’re learning.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 History, Philosophy, and Uses of Epidemiology
- Chapter 2 Epidemiology and Data Presentation
- Chapter 3 Epidemiological Measurements Used to Describe Diseases Occurrence
- Chapter 4 Data and Disease Occurrence
- Chapter 5 Descriptive Epidemiology: Patterns of Disease- Person, Place, Time
- Chapter 6 Association and Causality
- Chapter 7 Analytic Epidemiology: Types of Study Designs
- Chapter 8 Epidemiology and the Policy Arena
- Chapter 9 Epidemiology and Screening for Disease
- Chapter 10 Infectious Disease and Outbreak Investigation
- Chapter 11 Epidemiology of Social and Behavioral Factors and Health
- Chapter 12 Special Epidemiologic Applications
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!