Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Maxwell’s Understanding Environmental HealthAuthor/s: Deborah A Falta
Offering a unique approach to presenting environmental health, Maxwell’s Understanding Environmental Health: How We Live in the World, Third Edition is structured around the choices we make as individuals that result in environmental hazards. By detailing the hazards of energy production, industry, food production, and our modern lifestyle in the context of our place within the local and global community, the author tells a connected narrative that makes the text both engaging and accessible to a broad range of students with a variety of scientific backgrounds
Features and Benefits
- Full colour design that brings charts, graphs, and photos to life.
- New chapter on managing environmental health risks
- New appendix provides an overview of the U.S. Regulatory Framework for Environmental Health.
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 eBook Access enabling you to read your digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 What Environmental Exposures are We Most Worried about Harming Our Health?
- Chapter 2 Understanding Environmental Hazards to Human Health
- Chapter 3 Managing Environmental Health Risks
- Chapter 4 Living with Nature
- Chapter 5 Producing Food
- Chapter 6 Producing Manufactured Goods
- Chapter 7 Producing Energy
- Chapter 8 Living in the World We’ve Made