Academic book request
Maxwell’s Understanding Environmental HealthAuthor/s: Deborah A Falta
Offering a unique approach to presenting environmental health, Maxwell’s Understanding Environmental Health: How We Live in the World, Third Edition is structured around the choices we make as individuals that result in environmental hazards. By detailing the hazards of energy production, industry, food production, and our modern lifestyle in the context of our place within the local and global community, the author tells a connected narrative that makes the text both engaging and accessible to a broad range of students with a variety of scientific backgrounds
Features and Benefits
- Full colour design that brings charts, graphs, and photos to life.
- New chapter on managing environmental health risks
- New appendix provides an overview of the U.S. Regulatory Framework for Environmental Health.
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 eBook Access enabling you to read your digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 What Environmental Exposures are We Most Worried about Harming Our Health?
- Chapter 2 Understanding Environmental Hazards to Human Health
- Chapter 3 Managing Environmental Health Risks
- Chapter 4 Living with Nature
- Chapter 5 Producing Food
- Chapter 6 Producing Manufactured Goods
- Chapter 7 Producing Energy
- Chapter 8 Living in the World We’ve Made
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!