Communication Skills for the Healthcare ProfessionalAuthor/s: Laurie Kelly McCorry and Jeff Mason
Communication Skills for the Healthcare Professional, Second Edition is a practical guide that covers essential verbal and nonverbal communication skills you need to become a strong communicator. Throughout the text, clinical applications offer complex scenarios that help you develop the critical thinking skills needed for practice. With a broad range of examples, role plays, and scenarios from virtually every healthcare field you will master area-specific communication skills.
- All-new chapter: The Communication Skills You Need to Land that First Job, helps you enter and succeed in a healthcare career.
- An added section on electronic health records (EHRs) in Chapter 10, as well as new material throughout the book on social media brings this edition fully up to date.
- Stronger coverage of the soft skills needed for effective practice such as effective communication with patients and colleagues, professionalism in image and tone, and knowledge of medical law and ethics, prepares you for effective practice in today’s rapidly changing healthcare field.
- Active communication skills help you work with a wide range of patients, including those who may be impacted by anxiety, anger, cultural differences, language differences, visual impairment, hearing impairment, mental or emotional disturbance, age, denial, or confusion.
- In-text learning aids include Role Play boxes, Learning Objectives, Objective Review Questions, Short Answer Questions, and Fundamental Writing Skills section.
- Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access, a digital-only access code, that unlocks online learning materials including an interactive eBook, Grammar Exercises, and Study Aids.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!