Clinical Hematology: Theory & ProceduresAuthor/s: Mary Lou Turgeon, EdD, MT
Clinical Hematology: Theory & Procedures, Enhanced Sixth Edition is designed to help students develop the professional entry-level competencies they need for certification and career success. The Sixth Edition strengthens the pedagogy that set the quality benchmark for hematology and includes the current, competency-based content needed by MLT and MLS students.
In addition to state-of-the-art content, fully-developed case studies with critical thinking discussion questions, and a strong emphasis on emerging molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine, the Sixth Edition encompasses the professional knowledge guidelines recommended by ASCLS Entry Level and Professional Body of Knowledge competencies in hematology, hemostasis and coagulation, and molecular applications. Throughout the text, a logical eight-part organization, clear explanations, and multiple learning tools help students master the theory underlying clinical hematology and the procedures used to diagnose and treat disorders of the blood and bone marrow.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks an interactive eBook, Appendicies, Videos, Case Studies, and Flashcards.
- Full-color images, tables, and boxes offer student-desired visual guides to the concepts, procedures, and cellular structures and functions discussed in the text.
- Expanded coverage of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) reflects the importance of molecular diagnostics and genomic medicine in today’s medical laboratories.
- Numerous Clinical Case Studies with critical thinking group-discussion questions link concepts and procedures to laboratory practice.
- Two dedicated chapters provide step-by-step procedure instructions, enabling you to confidently perform important clinical procedures.
- Bulleted Chapter Highlights facilitate quick review of each chapter’s material.
- Certification-Style Review Questions help you assess your knowledge as you advance through each chapter.