Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Zaccagnini & White’s Core Competencies for Advanced Practice Nursing: A Guide for DNPsAuthor/s: Diane Schadewald
The AACN’s Essentials framework is an integral part of nursing education that outlines the competencies expected for nursing practice but can be difficult to incorporate. Zaccagnini & White’s Core Competencies for Advanced Practice Nursing: A Guide for DNPs, Fifth Edition continues to be the must-have resource for students to understand what it means to be a DNP and achieve mastery of the revised AACN Essentials. The practical framework features chapters aligned to each of the Essentials and weaves in concepts, covering all the necessary DNP information, providing students and faculty with a pragmatic blueprint to follow in their DNP programs.
Authored by advanced practices nurses with DNP degrees who practice or teach in a broad range of roles, Zaccagnini & White’s Core Competencies for Advanced Practice Nursing: A Guide for DNPs, Fifth Edition provides the infrastructure for students, faculty, and those practicing with a DNP degree to achieve and sustain the highest level of practice.
Features and Benefits
- Aligns to the 10 new AACN Essentials with a clear connection to applied clinical practice.
- Supports all DNP-prepared nurses to engage in advocacy, show leadership, and demonstrate the skills of clinical competency to impact and improve patient care.
- Outlines a step-by-step template for the development of a DNP project.
- Case studies offer clear connections between the AACN Essentials and practice as a DNP.
- Every new print copy includes access to Navigate Premier with robust learning resources to support self-paced learning, including interactive case studies tied to each of the 10 AACN Domains and podcasts from the author and contributors.
- Instructor resources include Slides in PowerPoint format, an Instructor’s Manual, Discussion Questions, a Sample Syllabus, and Test Bank.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I The Essentials
- Chapter 1 Knowledge for Nursing Practice
- Chapter 2 Person-centered Care
- Chapter 3 Population Health
- Chapter 4 Scholarship for the Nursing Discipline
- Chapter 5 Quality and Safety
- Chapter 6 Interprofessional Partnerships
- Chapter 7 Systems-based Practice
- Chapter 8 Information and Healthcare Technologies
- Chapter 9 Professionalism
- Chapter 10 Personal, Professional, and Leadership Development
- Part II The Doctor of Nursing Practice Scholarly Project
- Chapter 11 Template for the DNP Project
- Chapter 12 DNP Project Types and Abstracts.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!