Academic book request
Jones & Bartlett Learning’s Pocket Guide for Medical AssistingAuthor: Judy Kronenberger
Jones & Bartlett Learning’s Pocket Guide for Medical Assisting provides the essential information you need to make the transition from the classroom to the clinic as smooth and as stress-free as possible. The streamlined, quick-reference format allows you to easily find key information to carry out clinical, administrative, and laboratory duties. It keeps all the essential information at hand and organized for easy review and is the ideal procedure manual every medical assistant needs for the practice setting.
Features and Benefits
- Color-coded tabs to clearly identify sections
- “Warning” boxes describe situations that may pose an increased risk to you or your patient
- “Charting Examples” present realistic samples of the information required for legal documentation
- Vital reference material includes commonly prescribed medications, normal lab values, pain assessment tools, HIPAA resources, key English-to-Spanish health care phrases, a basic medical terminology refresher, commonly used abbreviations, Celsius-Fahrenheit conversions, metric equivalents, and more
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Administrative Procedures
- Chapter 2 Clinical Procedures
- Chapter 3 Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
- Chapter 4 Medication Administration
- Chapter 5 Surgical Procedures
- Chapter 6 Special Procedures
- Chapter 7 Emergency Procedures
- Chapter 8 Tools
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!